Qlikview Expressor For Better Decision Making
Bangalore: QlikTech, a leader in Business Discovery – user-driven Business Intelligence (BI), recently acquired Expressor Software, a Burlington, Massachusetts-based data management software company and QlikTech Qonnect partner. The acquisition will help facilitate the expansion of QlikView deployments so people in an organization can have the data they need to make better decisions with all of the critical IT security and governance. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Accelerating Data Governance for the New Enterprise
As Enterprise Business Discovery momentum has increased, the need for customers to describe data consistently and then reuse it to speed up deployment of additional applications has grown.
“With this acquisition we are taking Business Discovery to the next level, offering a new breed of rapid, iterative metadata intelligence that delivers control at the core and flexibility at the edges of an organization,” said Anthony Deighton, QlikTech CTO.
How it Works: Descriptive Rather Than Prescriptive Approach
With the practical data governance as-you-deploy approach, customers describe data consistently as they build QlikView apps rather than being locked into doing it all upfront with a prescriptive semantic layer.
With the new active metadata intelligence solution, customers can:
1. Capture and manage the semantics of data while building applications to efficiently reuse data definitions.
2. Deploy quickly across the enterprise by establishing a repeatable and consistent view of common business and data definitions.
3. Provide users and IT with increased confidence in data through data lineage analysis.
4. Realize value from ‘big data’ by handling large volumes of diverse information sources.
5. Enhance QlikView's position at the core of information architecture by addressing all data flow requirements into and out of it.
As Expressor had developed integrations to QlikView as a partner, the QlikView Expressor Server is available in standard and enterprise versions.
Post your Comment
All form fields are required.